Symmetry PAYROLL Forms
Payroll Taxes
Payroll Talk
Payroll Goddess
Premiere Payroll Tax Research Library

Colorado State Tax, Colorado Unemployment and Payroll Tax |

Looking for Colorado state tax information? We provide the latest resources on state tax, unemployment, income tax and more.

ColoradoColorado Department of Revenue
Colorado Dept. of Labor and Employment


  • Register as employer by filing online with Colorado Business Express online.
  • Employee Withholding Allowance Certificate, Use Federal W-4
  • Withholding Method = Formula
  • Supplemental = Withhold at 4.63%

Local taxes:

For a complete list of Colorado city taxes please click here

State Unemployment Insurance (SUI):

Report quarterly wages and contributions by filing Form UITR-1(a) (Unemployment Insurance Report of Worker Wages) and Form UITR-1 (Unemployment Insurance Tax Report) by last day of month following end of quarter or file online by clicking here

Wage Base is $11,700 for 2014
Rates range from 2.08% to 10.87%

New non-construction employers use 1.7% Base Rate plus 0.38% Bond Principal Rate for a Combined Rate of 2.08% for 2014
General construction employers use 6.49% Base Rate plus 1.44% Bond Principal Rate for a Combined Rate of 7.93% for 2014%.
Heavy construction employers use 8.9% Base Rate plus 1.97% Bond Principal Rate for a Combined Rate of 10.87% for 2014%.
Trades Employers use 6.49% Base Rate plus 1.44% Bond Principal Rate for a Combined Rate of 7.93% for 2014

State Disability Insurance (SDI):


State Labor Laws:

Minimum wage - $8.00 per hour effective 2014 and $8.23 per hour effective 2015.
Termination Pay - If fired pay at once. If employee quits, pay by the next regular payday.

New Hire Reporting:

Colorado State Directory of New Hires
PO BOX 2920
Denver, CO 80201-2920
Fax: 303-297-2595
To report online click here

Remit Withholding for Child Support to:

The Family Support Registry
P.O. Box 2171
Denver, Colorado 80201-2171
Phone: 303-299-9123
800-374-6558 e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Reciprocal States:


For paycheck calculation visit the Colorado Paycheck Calculator of PaycheckCity. is a free online resource featuring a compilation of research, collaboration and web tools for use by payroll professionals and more including information about Colorado state tax, articles, federal tax information and state tax information.

TAX TIDBIT... To correctly calculate withholding near wage base limits, enter your Gross Salary Year-to-date. It's important for an accurate calculation and is usually found on your last pay stub.