Georgia State Tax Information
Looking for Georgia state tax information? We provide the latest resources on state tax, unemployment, income tax and more.
- Register as employer by filing Form DOL-1A (Employer Status Report):
- Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate: G4
- Withholding Method = formula
- Supplemental Rate = Withhold At: 2% if annual gross < $8,000. 3% if annual gross > $8,000 and $10,000. 4% if annual gross > $10,000 and $12,000. 5% if annual gross > $12,000 and $15,000. 6% if annual gross > $15,000.
State Unemployment Insurance (SUI):
- Wage base is $8,500 for 2012, $9,500 for 2013
- Rates range from 0.03% to 7.29%
- New employers use 2.7% for 2012 and 2013.
- Rates include an administrative assessment of 0.08%
State Disability Insurance (SDI):
State Labor Laws:
Minimum Wage - The Federal minimum wage rate applies
Termination Pay - no provision.
New Hire Reporting:
Employers must report hiring, rehiring, and return to work within 10 days on Form W-4 (Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate) to:
Georgia New Hire Reporting Program
PO Box 90728
Atlanta, GA 30364-0728
Remit Withholding for Child Support to:
Family Support Registry
P.O. Box 1800
Carrollton, GA 30112-1800
Payroll-Taxes.com is a free online resource featuring a compilation of research, collaboration and web tools for use by payroll professionals and more including information about Georgia state tax, articles, federal tax information and state tax information.